Balkans Debate Tournament is a one-year project , initiated by Youth Development Group. It takes place in 8 different countries which are Albania, Bulgaria, Republic of Serbia, Republic of Kosovo, Romania, Greece, Croatia , Bosnia & Herzegovina with the final round in Rome/ Italy.
This format gathers young professionals and students from whole Balkans, it teaches them how to debate , improve their skills in debating , public speaking , team work and critical thinking. Also, it promotes cultural exchange between which supports their professional development.
In each round, there are 6 teams competing each other and by the end of the sessions, there will be awarded three best speakers of the round which will form the team of their country to represent it at the final round in Rome/ Italy.
The topics discussed at the rounds belong to Balkans main issues, the main problems threatening Balkans peace, security, stability, education, environment and economy.
Also, each round will have a Jury Panel, composed by 3 members which will evaluate the teams’ performance. The grand award for the winning team at the final round in Rome is 2500 Euros.
The eligibility is:
- 16 – 30 Years Old
- Excellent Communication Skills in English
- Basic knowledge in debating, public speaking and critical thinking.
- Experience in Previous Conferences, Seminars and Workshops
- Basic knowledge in field of education, environment, economy and diplomacy.
The costs :
The participation fee differs from the country you will participate. Each round has a different participation fee. It is from 30 Euros – 70 Euros per person. Participation fee will include:
- All formal and Informal Sessions and Workshops
- Coffee Breaks
- Letter of Recommendation
- Necessary Materials for the event
- Certificate of Participation
- Opportunity to share your profiles and performances at Youth Leadership Magazine.
The calendar of the events is as follows:
- 19 November 2016 – First Round – Tirana/ Albania
- 17 December 2016 – Second Round – Sofia / Bulgaria
- 28 January 2017 – Third Round – Belgrade / Republic of Serbia
- 18 February 2017 – Fourth Round – Pristina/ Republic of Kosovo
- March 2017 – Fifth Round – Bucharest/ Romania
- May 2017 – Sixth Round – Athens / Greece
- June 2017 – Seventh Round – Sarajevo/Bosnia & Herzegovina
- September 2017 – Eight Round – Zagreb / Croatia
- November 2017 – Final Round – Rome / Italy
How to Apply
You can apply by sending a CV for each member of your team and a common motivation letter to email@example.com before the deadline of each round. For deadlines, costs, venues, jury members details and dates for each round visit us via : www.facebook.com/ydgroup.org